Wednesday 16 October 2013

D&D 30-day Challenge - day 10

Day 10: Craziest thing that's happened that you saw (to party/character/your players etc).
I can't recall. I got a concussion this morning, so I'll blame that.

These questions are really horrible, to be honest. They're not even fun. There are some that are fine, but others are just tedious and/or insignificant.

Favourite Adventure? Sure
Favourite Dungeon Type? Ehh.
Favourite Trap/Puzzle? Eh.
Favourite NPC? I guess I can answer that.
Day 15-20 are all variations of "Favourite Monster" :/
Favourite Dragon Colour...
Then "Favourite monster overall" :/
Least favourite monster.
Favourite energy type?
Favourite magic item.
Favourite non-magic item. I mean wat. "Yeah, I really like 10' poles."
A character you want to play in the future.
A character you will never play ever again.
What is the number you always seem to roll on a d20?
Best DM you've had.

Of these, favourite adventure is by far the best one. Possible variations can be "favourite room in a dungeon", because even if a dungeon is horribad it can have some rather nifty ideas. "Favourite monster" should have been one question, not 7 (five types + overall + least favourite). "Favourite magic item" is pretty good, I guess. Non-magic item is just a boring "oh we've had about magic items let's fill out the list with non-magic items too. One more down!"

I mean, I guess it could work as a starting point, but I'd really want to rework that list in some way, because as it is now I'm not looking forward to answering most of these questions. Yes, I guess that dragon colours are important for (many) D&D players, but I'm not one of those. I guess "Atomic Tangerine" is my favourite dragon colour.

Right, so let's rework that list into something a bit more inspiring, that promotes discussion or creative answers. Let's keep "creating stuff" away from this, because my next 30-day challenge will be to create something each day, for 30 days straight.

Day 1: How you got started. This can stand as it is.
Day 2 and 3: Favourite Playable Race and Favourite Playable Class. Ehhh, not a fan. I'll scrap those two.
Day 4: Favourite Gameworld. I think "Favourite setting" is better personally, because I don't buy many game worlds as such. Setting can also include gameworlds, whereas gameworlds seem to exclude settings. I don't know. Leave it as it is.
Day 5: Favourite set of dice. No. This is a lazy question. Scrap it or rework it into a better one.
Day 6: Favourite Deity. Ehhh, boring.
Day 7: Favourite Edition. I get it, I get it -- this is a D&D-specific challenge, and I never played "pure" D&D much. I'll leave it as it is.
Day 8 and 9: Favourite character you have played and haven't played. Eh. Boring question, let's scrap those two.
Day 10: Craziest thing that's happened... Yeah, I guess it's not that bad, but I really can't remember one right now. Stories are generally remembered when talking with someone else that is saying something, which reminds you of that one time...

I just went through day 11-30, so to summarize:
Scrap days 14-24, 26, 27-30. That's what, 16 days? I'll come up with 16 questions. Probably won't be as easy to answer though.

No comments:

Post a Comment