Sunday 27 April 2014

Sandbox and RL play update



I'm almost finished unpacking and all that jazz after having moved. Yes, I do procrastinate a lot, which is why I'm still doing this stuff three months after having moved.

Picked up a good number of books on GothCon, all of them LotFP-issued. This was planned. I'll be writing reviews of them later, although they've already been reviewed pretty much everywhere else. Still, my opinion is important.

My sandbox world is taking shape, as you can see. Sure, it looks pretty boring right now, but it's just an overview. I've already hexed it up and started adding stuff to the hexes, but for fear of spoilers I can't write about it here. Keep in mind that distances aren't to scale here (because why would I do something like that). Eh. It works, I guess.

The reason why I'm doing something like this is that when I play online I can't expect the same group all the time, because we're all adults with lives outside RPGs (silly as it sounds), so I can't do any massive campaigns or story arcs. Instead I have a sandbox where people can go wherever they want, and group composition/membership doesn't matter. I think it can work, I just gotta map it out somewhat. Still, 7 hexes down, only ~44 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment