Monday 7 April 2014

Current plans: Online gaming

(I will ignore the fact that I've not updated this in four months, because I'm that kind of guy. I have been moving and busy with other things, however that isn't really an excuse.)

Aight, so I'm planning a thing for online gaming. I'll write more on it later, but it's going to be interesting to say the least. The idea is that since the group won't be the same members every time, I need to approach it differently than usual, so I'll write it down as I go along. Right now I'm sketching out the starting area and all that jazz, but to begin with, here're Jeff Rients' 20 Questions:
  1. What is the deal with my cleric's religion?
  2. Where can we go to buy standard equipment?
  3. Where can we go to get platemail custom fitted for this monster I just befriended?
  4. Who is the mightiest wizard in the land?
  5. Who is the greatest warrior in the land?
  6. Who is the richest person in the land?
  7. Where can we go to get some magical healing?
  8. Where can we go to get cures for the following conditions: poison, disease, curse, level drain, lycanthropy, polymorph, alignment change, death, undeath?
  9. Is there a magic guild my MU belongs to or that I can join in order to get more spells?
  10. Where can I find an alchemist, sage or other expert NPC?
  11. Where can I hire mercenaries?
  12. Is there any place on the map where swords are illegal, magic is outlawed or any other notable hassles from Johnny Law?
  13. Which way to the nearest tavern?
  14. What monsters are terrorizing the countryside sufficiently that if I kill them I will become famous?
  15. Are there any wars brewing I could go fight?
  16. How about gladiatorial arenas complete with hard-won glory and fabulous cash prizes?
  17. Are there any secret societies with sinister agendas I could join and/or fight?
  18. What is there to eat around here?
  19. Any legendary lost treasures I could be looking for?
  20. Where is the nearest dragon or other monster with Type H treasure?
  1. There will be many different religions available, with two or three major ones in the starting city.
  2. Standard equipment is available in most cities -- of which the group only knows their starting one to begin with. Gunpowder weapons will be harder to come by. Laser weapons and beyond nigh impossible.
  3. Again, the starting city is your best bet; it's the most civilized, has the largest population.
  4. Agrippa the Undying, a woman transported to this place centuries ago. She keeps to herself, and nobody alive knows about her.
  5. Grimwulf Fourfingers. A raider, can sometimes be found carousing in a tavern.
  6. Ssyth, a lizardfolk woman, runs the largest merchant house on the continent. What she doesn't trade in isn't worth bothering with.
  7. Find a cleric. You'll pay outta your ass though, or be indebted to some god or other.
  8. There is a "hospital" run by the city of Roanoke, but the technology level isn't very high and some practices are really weird, see those for poison and diseases. Curses might be dealt with by the clergy, lycanthropy you need to find a wise woman who actually knows the cure (Saral, a halfling); polymorph you'll need to dispel, alignment change is permanent, as is death. Undeath can't be cured.
  9. No, you gain spells on level up with the Inspiration rule. You must still spend gold for the spell as if you had researched it though.
  10. Roanoke.
  11. Roanoke.
  12. No, although swordfights are heavily fined in Roanoke proper.
  13. That way. Most villages have a tavern or some other kind of community gathering place, too.
  14. TBD
  15. TBD
  16. There are unarmed combat competitions held throughout Roanoke, the biggest one is held during the Harvest festival. Basically just slugfests.
  17. TBD
  18. The standard fare. No potatoes though. Stews. White bread is expensive, as are eggs.
  19. Yes, definitely. Have a look around some of the ruins and dungeons littered all over the place.
  20. There are no dragons here. Or are there?
Yeah, so I have some stuff to write up obviously. It's gonna be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment